Sunday, July 19, 2015

Switched on and lighted up!

After a short but hectic 10-12 hours per day work week, my long weekend proved to be just as busy, if not more so. Not that I'm complaining - I made full use of my time running around town.

Friday
Shopped TVs at Courts Jurong Point.
Watched Ant-Man. (It was surprisingly good)

Saturday
Dropped by Choo Chiang for an item exchange.
Put up the lamp shades for the pendant lights in our kitchen.
Attended a friend's father wake in Marsiling.
Shopped TVs at Gain City Sungei Kadut (abrupt halt due to sudden movie plans lol).
Shopped TVs (and nearly bought one) at Courts Lot 1.
Watched Magic Mike XXL. (Channing Tatum is still as hot as EVER)

Sunday
Minor area cleaning over at our place.
Major QC inspection to mark out 'defects' and other random things to fix.
(48 points identified - the bf says I must be every ID's nightmare hahaha)

All the switches have now been swapped out. Pretty switches = happy Mummy. :)

Was told by the electrician on Thursday that I'm missing a crucial part for the pendant lights in our kitchen so he couldn't fix up the shades for me. When I went over on Friday night to pick up the extra Legrand stuff leftover from the installation, the pendant lights in our kitchen was just the bulbs hanging off the cable like this.


I love warm lights but you have to admit they do look kinda sad and bare hanging there. I was determined to get those missing parts pronto. The plan was to get them from Choo Chiang on Saturday morning (if they had it) but I was late getting there and barely managed to barge run in (they've already put out the 'Closed' sign but I chose to ignore it). I didn't dare to push my luck (or try the salesguy's patience) since he had already told me 他要回家了... I had to say pretty please to even get my stuff exchanged lol.

Which turned out to be a small blessing in disguise. When I got to our place after Choo Chiang, I decided to rummage through the boxes that the pendant lights came in and actually found what I needed to get the lights up! Ta-da! Just call me Ms Handywoman. :P


The upper and lower cabinet mood lighting (with warm T5 LED tubes) in our bathroom is also up and running. The effect is as pretty as can be. My personal spa kinda feeling! :D


Unfortunately, it can't always be a bed of roses when it comes to renovations and furnishing. True enough, I got a call from Mega Discount Store this evening to say that the Toshiba fridge I bought from Rakuten previously is permanently out of stock (now that Toshiba has pulled out of the local market, the agent will no longer be bringing it in). I was asked to either choose another colour (I only wanted white/light colours which they no longer have) or change to another fridge altogether. That kinda put a damper on my weekend high since I was promised back in May that stock will be in mid June. Sigh. Gotta shop for a new refrigerator...

Oh well. On a happier note - parquet revarnishing to start this coming week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment