Sunday, July 26, 2015

Ole parquet, dear parquet, how I love you so!

Dropped by our place this afternoon (Saturday) to check out the parquet work and also secretly keep an eye on the glass installers to make sure they don't scratch up our revarnished floor when putting up the sliding glass doors for the kitchen.


Opted for a matte (low-gloss) varnish. Absolutely adore our brand new (looking) floor! ♥ Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike gloss in furnishings? Haha. If I have (sorry) I felt the urge to reiterate. :P 2 tiles replaced, some skirting added to the external left wall (partition) of the storage cabinet (left image below) and a bit of it removed from the external right wall of the kitchen (right image below). Pictures taken before the work was done.

 

The 2 large sliding panels and tracks are also up, but the smaller fixed panels have to be brought back to the workshop cuz they were too big apparently. I didn't realise the glass doors were so heavy until they asked me to try it lol. No wonder I paid a pretty penny for it - 10mm glass is pretty solid stuff. Didn't bother with pictures since it's not completed yet.

The partition guys were supposed to be in on Monday but are now on hold until the glass guys get their work done. And the painters can't come in for retouching until the partition guys finish their part... Domino (delay) effect lol. Good thing our move is planned for late September. :P

Aluminium guys due in this coming week to service the windows (and door) hinges!

No comments:

Post a Comment