Sunday, March 22, 2015

我怕了你...

That's what the ID told me just now.

Seems like our home renovation is bringing out the worst in me... I'm turning into your regular home owner from hell. Just call me Renozilla lol.

The charges against me:
1) I forget to tell him the things I want.
2) I don't remember the stuff he tells me. (FALSE!!!)

I DO keep the things he tells me in mind but in a constant bid to have things just right (blame the perfectionist in me), I overthink the parts I have issues with and try to fix them somehow, overwriting our previous discussions.

Which in turn, gives him heart attacks cuz I'll call him and ask about these issues that he thought were already agreed on, haha. (Ok, I can understand how it sounds like to him...) But but, I need my house to be perfect!

Does that make me a difficult customer?

Anyways, the issue today that led to this comment: 


This is the kitchen base for the right wall of our kitchen. My intention for this side is to have (from right) the sink, the washer and then a full height cabinet to hide the fat ugly pipe. The original plan was to not have a base under the washer so I can slide it directly below the kitchen counter with no worry on the space below not being enough for the height of the washer. 

 

But unfortunately, the water outlet for the washer was jutting up from the floor in the middle of nowhere (see pipe outlet wrapped in blue) so they had to shift the outlet to the left and cover it with concrete base to have even flooring for the washer to go in.

Herein lies the problem(s). The base needs to be extended out depth-wise, so it juts out from the rest of it. FUGLY. Another minor issue I had - the full height cabinet to box up the ugly pipe on the left will have neither tiling nor cabinet wood on the base. Is that normal!? (Apparently, it is - according to my ID) I personally feel that that would be a bit raw and unfinished since it'll be in plain sight when I open the cabinet, so I sent him a message on WhatsApp to check if it can look like this.


He insisted that the base below the cabinet is usually left as concrete but will ask the tilers if it's possible to do as I asked. As for the extension of the base, he's gonna try to keep it small (he suggests 650mm or 630mm minimum). He would rather we have it a little bigger than too small... The OCD in me screams no, but I think practicality will have to win this round. Hopefully, it won't be too unsightly!


This was what saved the day for me - our kitchen backsplash tiles are completely up and the effect was just as I visualized! YAY. Pretty tiles = A happy Bailey's Mummy :)

ID says I can arrange for delivery of lights, sanitary ware and electrical appliances mid April. Exciting times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment