Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Kitchen floor tiles is love.

Got a call from the ID this afternoon asking about the status of my carpentry drawings. ARGH. Been hanging out with Mr P much too often lately. Need to start on them P.R.O.N.T.O.

He followed up later on in the evening with photo updates and then a call to set cost expectations for the VO (variation order). Apparently, it won't be cheap cuz of all the extra work I made him (or the tilers) do so far, such as:

1) Fixing oversized kitchen wall cutout
2) Taking down initial kitchen wall tiles
3) Concealing the metal holders (u-channels) for kitchen and bathroom glass walls


4) Tiling of kitchen cabinet base


Am I not right!? Does it not look better with tiles compared to plain cement!?? I doubt I would've been able to stand seeing cement at the base when I opened the full height cabinet on the left. Money that I don't have well-spent, haha.

I'm expecting at least 1.5k and hoping it won't exceed 2. But realistically, I'm not so sure. Just praying that the amount won't break the bank! (Or what's left of it, even) Otherwise, Bailey may need to start earning her keep lol.

All floor tiles now completed! I absolutely adore my kitchen floor tiles. Not entirely sure of my bathroom tiles tho. I'm reserving comments till I see it in daylight on Thursday morning when I meet my ID and electrician. Wall tiles grouting to be done tomorrow and that'll be the end of wet works. Glad I dropped by tonight so I can leave the guys some food and drinks to thank them for their hard work, since tomorrow will be their last day.

Minor imperfection spotted in the bathroom just now:


Water outlet cap stuck under the solid half-wall I asked to be build. ID said this was the original vent and can't be moved. Wall can't be moved inwards too much more either so this was slightly compromised. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment