Monday, March 23, 2015

Goodbye, Mr Lee Kuan Yew.


Although I have never met you personally, I grew up with your austere, yet reassuring presence surrounding us. It was constant and it was just there. You were like the solid pillar that would never give. But alas, your time to rest has come... I hope you did not have to suffer overly much before that.

Over the years, I may not have agreed with some of your hard-headed opinions (after I grew up and developed my own) but no one can discount the legacy that you've left behind. The fact that you are truly gone has (surprisingly) left me incredibly bereft and it's with this great sense of sadness that I'm writing this entry. 

Your demise feels somewhat like the death of a kin, rather than a complete stranger - a pseudo grandfather, perhaps. Watching videos and reading articles about you online brings tears to my eyes. You have done much for Singapore and no words can express the amount of gratitude I feel. Thank you for your hard work and may you be in a better place now. 

With utmost respect, I bid you farewell. #RIPLKY

No comments:

Post a Comment